October 2, 2012

Happy Batik-day!


And today is also my birthday! Made two new Batik statements for you!
In the first one I'm wearing a really beautiful seventies dress from my mother. On it the very special heart shaped belt by Vlisco. The best engagement ring a girl can wish for, thanks Koen!

On the second picture I'm wearing a Batik from my mothers Batik collection. Hopefully we get some more sunny days this fall and I will try to make some more!

Go for more Batik day fun to www.batikday.com!

Got inspired? Get your Batik on! Make a picture of yourself wearing your favorite Batik and send it to me by email or post it on my Facebook wall. For inspiration see the previous "Batik Statements" or check out photos from fashion-bloggers and in fashion-magazines (tip: sunny, nice locations, lots of colours and good memories).
If you're not sure if your favorite patterned fabric is a Batik, don't hesitate to share. Maybe it's printed, or with the same technique as Batik, just tell me why you like this pattern and add a detail picture so I can find out what kind of fabric it is! Looking forward to your Batik fashion statements!

No comments: